Tuesday, July 1, 2008

LAURA'S MEXICAN VACASPIRATION






CREATOR OF PORRIDGE, LAURA STANG, TELLS US ABOUT HER INSPIRING VACATION!
My “Eco” Vacation in a TREEHOUSE submersed in the Jungle of Zihuatanejo, Mexico…

On June 14th, I embarked with three of my best girlfriends on the trip of a lifetime.  We traveled hundreds of miles from our homes in Los Angeles to Zihuatanejo, Mexico for a summer vacation getaway.  Upon arrival we were pleasantly surprised to see that the weather was in fact beautiful, a stark contrast to the “hurricane” conditions weather.com had informed us of just one day prior to our departure. 

When the cab driver dropped us off at our destination, my girlfriends and I laughed and joked about the types of adventures we always seem to get into when we travel together.  As soon as we arrived, Grace (the proprietor of the Jungle bungalows) greeted us before leading us to our huts.  The hike up was not nearly as bad as we had anticipated and along the way I took notice of all the sites and sounds that are so different from what I’m use to hearing in Los Angeles.  Car horns and screeching breaks were soon replaced with the sounds of chirping locusts and the pleasant melody of birds singing.  As soon as we reached our huts and were given the tour we immediately got into our swimsuits to beat the humid 100-degree topping weather.  From that point on the rest was just utter relaxation bliss.  We experienced everything Mexico has to offer – we ate fresh seafood on the beach, relaxed and suntanned while sipping pina coladas, took a private boat to a near by island, shopped in town, frequented local grocery stores and made amazing meals in our hut, swam for hours in the turquoise blue warm- as- bath- water ocean and went on a adventurous hike to a secluded cave.  Actually, that list goes on and on…

One of the things I love most about Mexico is the incredible amount of inspiration I get from the lifestyles of locals as well as the amazing textiles that can be found just about anywhere.  The vibrant colors and floral patterns are really unlike anything we can find back in the United States.  You will begin to see some of the influences of my trip in my upcoming spring ’09 collection.  Until then, I will leave you with some of the pictures that capture my favorite moments from our trip.

For an amazing adventure and a fantastic vacation I highly recommend without reservation www.casadelaspierdas.com. 

P.S. This vacation is not for the faint of heart or those who only enjoy  “luxury” vacations.  Did I mention the flying cockroaches.

xoxo,Laura

No comments: